The key deliverables for this role fall into three categories. Adherence to the Quality Management system, Health & Safety and Environment requirements compliance and the Continuous Improvement culture.
Quality Management: Developing chemistry analysis and management of activities necessary to design, develop, implement and sustain a service that is effective and efficient whilst ensuring specification, regulatory and environmental compliance is adhered to.
Health Safety and the Environment: Work to ensure the health and welfare of those not only working in the Surface Treatment facility, but also customers, suppliers and members of the public who may experience an impact from the workplace environment and all its activities.
Continuous Improvement: Productivity improvements focused on reducing lead-time and cost whilst simultaneously optimising treatment bath availability and utilisation by: –
1. Optimising specifications, techniques, and processes to ensure capability is synchronised with demand.
2. Assisting shop floor operatives and Production Engineers in elimination of defects thus building quality into the processes employed.
3. Optimising process capability and availability of the plant and equipment.
4. Elimination of any non-value adding activity
5. Analysis of bath solutions and subsequent additions and make up on the NDT pre-treatment line and anodising line, publishing results.
The preparation and testing of:
1. Anodised and NDT test panels.
2. Salt Spray testing.
3. Treatment line solutions.
Working with Manufacturing Supervisors to resolve issues related to the chemistry in the baths and any problems with the plant and equipment.
Reviewing the full range of specifications to ensure both compliance to and the optimisation of the specifications. Gap analysis followed by evolving actions to close gaps and then the subsequent delivery of actions.
- A degree in Chemistry or equivalent substantive and ideally demonstrable experience e.g., Engineering/Plating Apprenticeship or equivalent ideally gained in the aerospace or automotive sectors.
- A comprehensive knowledge of and ability to carry out solution analysis and its associated techniques.
- The ability to read and understand specifications and regulatory documentation. To use this information to its optimum effect whilst ensuring compliance.
- Experience with COSHH and the safe use and treatment of chemicals.
- The ability to read methods and sequences of operations.
- Demonstrate effective organisation and planning skills with the ability to manage personal workload.
- Have good problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High attention to detail with strong quality awareness.
- Good IT skills.
- Good mathematical skills.
- Team working ethics.
- Self-managing and reliant.
C.V. and covering Letter to be sent to email@example.com